Leverage the Expertise of Seasoned Education Administrators
Texas Virtual Academy’s administrators are dedicated to making our virtual school an ideal learning experience for all students. Additionally, the K¹² support staff handles the technology and other back-end business aspects for our school, providing all TXVA families with a strong technical support system
- Sherri Remington, Head of School, is a lifelong resident of Texas. Sherri holds an undergraduate degree in education as well as a master’s degree in education from Texas Tech University. Since joining K¹², Sherri has served as a teacher, special education manager, head of school for the Oklahoma Virtual Academy, and regional programs manager. She is proud to be part of the TXVA team once again, blazing the trail for students seeking a quality education and a positive school experience.
- Chase Eskelsen, Director of Operations, joined the K¹² team in 2012 as a document processor. He was then promoted to Testing Logistics Coordinator and finally was hired as the Director of Operations in August 2013 and now oversees both Texas Virtual Academy and Texas Online Preparatory School. Chase was born in Northern Utah and lived in both Utah and Southern California growing up. He received a Bachelor’s degree from a private college in the Bay Area before moving to Texas.
- Sara Baker, High School Principal, earned her doctorate and master’s in educational leadership from Texas A&M University-Commerce and her bachelor’s in chemistry from Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Dr. Baker is certified as a superintendent, principal and has teaching certifications in various fields. She served for ten years as a Texas school administrator prior to joining TXVA, both as a director of special education and secondary campus principal. Prior to serving in a leadership capacity, Sara served students directly as a chemistry teacher, special education teacher and third grade classroom teacher. She is dedicated to ensuring the provision of exemplary educational programs to meet the unique needs of students and is excited to be part of the TXVA team!
- Tammany Olson, Assistant High School Principal, is from the Chicago suburbs and started her career teaching high school technology classes in Naperville, Illinois. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Education and a master’s degree is in Curriculum and Instruction. She started her Ph.D. in Education at the University of California Santa Barbara. She moved to Texas this summer and joined the TXVA family. Prior to that she worked with the high school administrative team for K¹²’s California Virtual Academies. She has lived in Chicago, the California coast, and Paris (for a semester) but San Antonio is by far her favorite place of them all. She looks forward to serving the staff while positively affecting our online community. It is her goal to help the teachers as well as the students she works with realize their highest potential and utilize it to their best ability.
- Kelly Morando, Principal for grades 3–8, has been an educator with K¹² for nine years. Kelly was the founding elementary director at Georgia Cyber Academy from August 2007 through June 2012. Prior to her work at GCA, she was a teacher, Advanced Learner’s Program coordinator, and lead teacher at Ohio Virtual Academy for four years. She also previously taught third-grade students and gifted students in grades 3–12 in Ohio. Kelly was honored with a K¹² Founders Award in 2008. She received a BS in elementary education from Gannon University and an MS in gifted education from Youngstown State University. She currently resides in Frisco with her family.
- Seana Baughman, Assistant Principal 3–8, has been with TXVA since its launch in 2006 and has been a user of the K¹² curriculum in her own home since fall 2001. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English and History from Texas State University, has completed graduate work in philosophy and history, and is certified to teach preK and grades 3–12. Her favorite thing about TXVA is the active participation of the parents. She feels that schools should be a support to parents, who are truly children’s first and most important teachers.
- Megan Freeman, 3-8 Instructional Coach/Curriculum Coordinator has a bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University and has been in education for 10 ½ years. She taught in the brick and mortar for 5½ years before joining TXVA. From 2008–2012, Megan taught grades 3–8 at TXVA and served as the site coordinator at the Plano testing location for two years. Beginning summer of 2012, Megan became TXVA’s 3rd–8th grade Curriculum Coordinator and Instructional Coach. She enjoys supporting teachers and families with the K¹² curriculum and supporting teachers in Class Connects! She lives in East Dallas, not too far from downtown and has been married for six years. Megan has a five-year-old son and two year-old-daughter who keep her very busy. When she has a little free time, Megan enjoys gardening, playing with her dogs and cat, and spending time with friends.
- Teri Heims, Special Programs Manager, holds an undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma in education as well as a master’s degree from the University of Houston at Clear Lake in Instructional Technology. She taught in the brick and mortar for 7 years before joining TXVA. In 2009, Teri joined the TXVA family and has served as 3-8 teacher, lead teacher, site coordinator for testing, Dyslexia/RTI coordinator, and is currently the Special Programs Manager for both TXVA and TOPS. Although she has had a variety of job responsibilities at k12 Texas, her true passion is with those students who struggle with the general curriculum and need extra help or services. Away from work, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two children.
- Stacy Head, High School Instructional Coach/Curriculum Coordinator, AP Coordinator, holds a Bachelors of Arts from Texas Tech University. Her major is in Secondary Education with a minor in English with ELA 6-12 certification. Stacy is currently completing her Masters in School Counseling at Lamar University. Stacy transferred from IQ Academy in 2010 and has taught ELA in MS and HS. She was the Department Lead for ELA in 2012. She is now serving as our Instructional Coach/Curriculum Coordinator which includes the duties of AP Coordinator.