Who We Are
Texas Virtual Academy (TXVA), a ResponsiveEd® charter school, uses the K12 online curriculum to offer Texas students in grades 6–12 the opportunity to achieve their potential, tuition free. With individualized learning approaches, TXVA provides the tools kids need to succeed—in school and beyond.
- Experienced, state-certified, highly skilled qualified teachers, who are available online and by phone.
- The engaging interactive K12 curriculum, which covers both the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments to help students achieve success at each and every level.
- K12 online planning and assessment tools, resources, and textbooks. Educational materials to supplement the online curriculum are delivered right to the family’s doorstep.
- Parent Resources to support the Learning Coach and help the student succeed. These tools include workshops, live sessions, webinars, clubs and videos available throughout the school year. TXVA knows that a child’s success begins with the parent.
- An active school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where TXVA parents, students, and representatives share their successes, helpful hints, and more. Student-to-student interaction is emphasized too, so students are provided with a variety of opportunities for social activities and engagement.
- A high-quality, tuition-free online public education that enables a learning experience individualized for each student.
Texas Virtual Academy and ResponsiveEd share a mission to provide Texas students with an excellent education that is grounded in high academic standards, in order to help our students achieve their full academic and social potential.
The core philosophy of TXVA is that all young people can achieve academic excellence if they are provided rigorous instruction, high standards, informed guidance, and individual attention. Although we use the computer as a learning tool, we believe that education is primarily a human endeavor that relies on caring individuals, involved parents, and committed teachers.